Tuesday, February 2, 2016

DNF: Drantos (VLG #1) by Laurann Dohner

Ugh what can I say? I've heard such good things about Laurann Dohner's books so I decided to give this one a try. I started it Friday and have only made it a third of the way through the book. I know I am a slow reader but this one was just....ugh!

Let me start with the cover...could it be any uglier? I know not to judge a book by its cover but this is just not appealing at all. The rivers of bulging veins and that hair that looks like it belongs to an 80's rock star. Just bad all around.

The story itself started off pretty good. The crash scene was great. But then oh then it all went downhill quickly. Besides the horrible names (Batina...really?) the female characters were dumb as bricks. I gave up after hearing for the thousandth time about the clans and how they hate each other and what the grandfather plans to do to them...Seriously the majority of the first third of the book is all badly done world building. It is repetitive and I sat there practically pulling out my hair hoping for something..anything to happen. I would have seriously been happy had a bear wandered out of the woods to gobble up one of the passengers (I'm voting for Dusti to be eaten).

I just couldn't finish this. It was poorly written and seemed like the author didn't know where she wanted to go with it or she couldn't figure out how to get the characters to where she wanted them. This makes me seriously consider not checking out the other books by her.


No comments:

Post a Comment